Be On the Lookout

Just a touch of self-promotion on this fine May day…

For those of you who will be attending the Origins Game Fair at the end of this month, while you’re there, be on the lookout for a special souvenir. Writers who attended the show last year and are attending this year, myself among them, have pooled time and effort to produce a new short story anthology, Time-Traveled Tales, which will be on sale at the convention… and perhaps nowhere else.

Time-Traveled Tales Cover

The anthology, edited by Jean Rabe (writer and editor, as well as director of the writers’ program at Origins), is a 6″x9″ trade paperback, 197 pages, probably retailing for $10. It includes these stories and authors:

• “Replay Value” by Aaron Allston
  • “Last Man on Earth” by Maxwell Alexander Drake
  • “The Old Gods” by C.S. Marks
  • “Among the Stars” by Sarah Hans
  • “For Every Time, A Season” by Donald J. Bingle
  • “Slug” by Janine K. Spendlove
  • “Know Your Nemesis” by Kelly Swails
  • “My Faire Lady” by Jean Rabe
  • “The Tinker’s Music Box” by Jennifer Brozek
  • “Under a Thin Veneer” by Daniel Myers
  • “Deep Salvage” by Bryan Young
  • “Adventure of the Ghost Watch” by Michael A . Stackpole
  • “Impression” by Tracy Chowdhury
  • “Prologue” by Gregory A. Wilson
  • “Fair Game” by Dylan Birtolo
  • “Market” by R. T. Kaelin
  • “In the Time of Dragons” by Steven Saus>
  • “Parting the Clouds” by Bradley P. Beaulieu
  • “Protection” by Timothy Zahn

Time-Traveled Tales is an experiment by GAMA, the organization that runs Origins — it’s the first fiction anthology produced as a souvenir for that convention. Similar anthologies produced for events like the World Fantasy Convention tend to become collector’s items. We’re hoping that the same will come true of this book, and that it will persuade GAMA to produce more in the future.

You can help them with that decision, of course, by buying one…

Time-Traveled Tales is being produced in a limited print run. In the event that the print run does not sell out at the convention, individual authors may have copies for sale in the future. But picking up a copy early at the Origins Game Fair, or asking a friend to pick one up for you, is the only way to be sure of getting a copy. At this moment, we have no idea whether the anthology will be reissued in the future.

Wish us luck with this experiment, and I look forward to seeing you at Origins.

2 thoughts on “Be On the Lookout

1. I will definitely pick this up, Aaron. I have already signed up for Some of your seminars, and look forward to learning more from you, Mike Stackpole, and Timothy Zahn.

Comments are closed.